6 SIGNS IT'S TIME
We’ve been communicating by phone for more than 40 years. It remains the go-to communications method in the workplace. The average business phone system has a lifespan of only six to eight years. After that, the system is either out of maintenance or lagging in features, often to the detriment of the business. You may already realize it’s time to upgrade, but find the process of researching and selecting a new phone system to be a daunting task. The good news is businesses that need to upgrade their existing phone system now have a large array of solutions available compared to seven or eight years ago.
WHAT ARE THE TELL-TALE SIGNS
THAT YOUR PHONE SYSTEM IS BEHIND THE TIMES?
- Does your business miss phone calls because the call is routed to an absent employee or all the lines are busy?
- Does your staff complain that your phone system is confusing because you have different phone systems in each location with features that don’t work the same?
- Have you lost inbound or outbound calls due to network or equipment failure?
- Have you received unexpected phone bills, confusing pricing structures, or high international calling costs?
- Do your customers or remote workers complain of dropped calls when trying to reach people in the business?
- Do you need to be in contact with your employees when they are traveling or working remotely?
TRANSFORM YOUR PHONE SYSTEM INTO A VERSATILE BUSINESS TOOL
Whether missed calls, disparate systems, fluctuating expenses or infra-structure maintenance, the solution to many of the problems can be found in new software-based communication solutions. Entire systems can run in the cloud, and in many cases don’t even require desk phones. Imagine the versatility you can achieve by using your PC, tablet or smartphone instead of being tied to a desk phone. Modern solutions also offer additional communication perks beyond simply voice. Instant messaging, presence, video calling and collaboration tools give you business capabilities that are designed to keep you operating optimally and at maximum productivity. Taking advantage of modern phone solutions will increase your productivity and your bottom line.